Fkn hate V brakes

Had 739s, Avids, Controltechs etc and the M750 were the best by far. Maybe rims or another factor play a part.
Whatever brakes you have pads are the most important bit. I don't think it's any coincidence that out of mine those are the only ones with proper Shimano pad inserts, Kool Stop Salmons on the 739 and WTB on ceramic rims for the 951. I expect the 750s would be loads better with either of those.

And another thing, what’s with the massive s-shaped cable run at the front? I’m pretty sure us U.K. burghers were promised V brake lever reversal as part of the Brexit deal …. Still waiting for that dividend. 😅

Many a Brexit promise has been broken.

You have to look further afield for the trade deal needed. China for the noodle, and like positions, there's a degree of change needed to get the perfect noodle. You also have to cut ties with Europe and look for a short term deal closer to home, shorten the cable into your perfect noodle. A recipe for a safe and stable economy, or a decent front brake cable run anyway.

I was actually just messing with some m970 v brakes. Being the last of the parallel linkage brakes, arguably the best. Solves the problem of pads hitting wider tyres and planting the pads squarely on the rim.

Yes, the linkage can develop play in this style of brake, but you can tune it out with thin washers when it gets to it.

The best v brake I've had, and still have on a build is the avid ultimate. No linkage, but everything else is absolutely spot on.

I'd take a v over canti every time. I also think they look better. I can't be wrong, as it's my opinion ;)

linear pull brakes are the best brakes, I like them because I don’t have to think hard about them
I don’t think I’ve ever even used the barrel adjusters on any of them, I just hand tune that stuff at the calipers

I was actually just messing with some m970 v brakes. Being the last of the parallel linkage brakes, arguably the best. Solves the problem of pads hitting wider tyres and planting the pads squarely on the rim.

Yes, the linkage can develop play in this style of brake, but you can tune it out with thin washers when it gets to it.

The best v brake I've had, and still have on a build is the avid ultimate. No linkage, but everything else is absolutely spot on.

I'd take a v over canti every time. I also think they look better. I can't be wrong, as it's my opinion ;)
You mean like these?

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 17
Back