Finally got myself an E-Stay - Alpinestars Cro Mega

jimwise68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Wasn't really a fan of the E-Stay, but after seeing a few on here I have ad an irresistible itch for one. Missed out on an Al Mega on FB Marketplace, but it was small and after doing some research it seemed the Cro Megas are more reliable.

Bit of research and it boiled down to a Scott Evolution or the Cro Mega. Scouring the net and on here I found one that hadn't sold, thanks to fearfactoryüberalles for doing the deal on his one, which arrived safely and very swiftly from Hungary.

Built her up yesterday from the parts bin and took her for a little jaunt earlier. :)

The V-brakes will be going and I'm on the look out for some STX-RC cantis instead. I know it is the DX model but I don't have any DX parts! haha
So it will be a Cro Mega STX-RC. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9704.jpeg
    IMG_9704.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9705.jpeg
    IMG_9705.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Wasn't really a fan of the E-Stay, but after seeing a few on here I have ad an irresistible itch for one. Missed out on an Al Mega on FB Marketplace, but it was small and after doing some research it seemed the Cro Megas are more reliable.

Bit of research and it boiled down to a Scott Evolution or the Cro Mega. Scouring the net and on here I found one that hadn't sold, thanks to fearfactoryüberalles for doing the deal on his one, which arrived safely and very swiftly from Hungary.

Built her up yesterday from the parts bin and took her for a little jaunt earlier. :)

The V-brakes will be going and I'm on the look out for some STX-RC cantis instead. I know it is the DX model but I don't have any DX parts! haha
So it will be a Al Mega STX-RC. :)
She really deserves some nice DX kit. Go on, spend a little you know it makes sense.

The hubs are DX on the Mavics, so it is a start.

Hopefully got a DX direct mount front derailleur coming. So it will end up going that way.

I like my bikes to be as close to original spec as possible.

Latest posts

Back