Experience with Chinese chainrings?

TheAntsPants

Devout Dirtbag
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I've not used them myself yet, but 2 arrived today (was expecting them in June, so bonus). Not so much though, as I bought another one one as I was quoted such a long delivery date.

Hey ho.

I asked the same question a while back and only heard positive comments.

I paid just over a tenner for the two, inc postage from China. I doubt they will not be value for money. The other ring I bought with impatience was £20 on it's own. Uk made though, I'll compare quality when it arrives.

Will probably be fine. I've seen people recommend snail rings etc, doubt these are that different.

Re:

They work fine for me. I've just fitted a Deckas 32T round ring to my Cove.
It replaced a worn out Snail 32T oval ring. I don't know how many miles I got out of the ring, as I've moved the chainset between bikes, but it seems like a long time since I had to change it. It wasn't dropping the chain, but I found a new chain was very noisy on it, I'd probably left the old chain far too long before replacing.
In contrast I had a Hope retainer ring before, I knew that was worn when it started to drop the chain on rough ground, I honestly can't say the Hope ring lasted any longer.

Might give these a go on a future build but I'd have a hard time not going for my beloved Blackspire rings

ive had/got loads of them. work spot on for around 6 months but once begin to wear die suddenly and sound awful, but at less than a tenner......

Re: Re:

Dlilah4":395bn24h said:
Yes, I have had experiments using such seats, and I will say that this is a completely random matter. I have nothing against companies, but here is the matter of your luck. There is an article about good spare parts (in particular, seats) which recommended you read .

Are you having a stroke?

Back