eBay delivery and Poste Italiane

Imlach

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've bought a few components from eBay recently, I don't usually use eBay (I think I've used eBay less than 5 times in my lifetime) but I've been finding a few offers here and there I couldn't resist. One thing that has been bothering me, though, is the fact that the delivery dates seem awfully arbitrary. One of my recent purchases were sent with DHL from Germany, and that shouldn't take more than up to a week, but the delivery dates seem to state that it could be more than 2 weeks. As an example I've had DHL Express deliveries from Germany, through eBay, be slower than DHL Express deliveries from Greece bought directly from a supplier. Why's that?

Also, who the hell manages Poste Italiane? Do they force their workers to ship internationally on foot? Slowest service I've ever used.

Apparently there is some sort of pandemic sweeping the world, slows down postage between countries sometimes. Ebuy has extended their delivery times to take this into account so the system doesn't automatically flag up and black mark sellers for late deliveries.

mk one":261bgdj3 said:
Apparently there is some sort of pandemic sweeping the world, slows down postage between countries sometimes. Ebuy has extended their delivery times to take this into account so the system doesn't automatically flag up and black mark sellers for late deliveries.

News to me. Pandemic, where? :LOL:

I do understand that, but the few times I've used eBay prior to the days of COVID19 I would say the delivery was still horribly slow. I just find it odd that everything I buy through eBay, using the same services, paying roughly the same seems to arrive far slower. I mean surely a package from Greece, going through several terminals on its way to Denmark should have no way of arriving faster than a package from Germany. Same courier.

:) ive sometimes had packages arrive quicker from abroad than just down the road!? its all a bit hit and miss, im more grateful they arrive and try not to think about it too much, sometimes its a nice surprise when you've forgotten somethings still on its way.

I'm just bitter because I've been waiting since the beginning of the month and I am itching to start my build. I know it's all a wee bit anecdotal. Had to find somewhere to vent. :D

It's all over the place at the moment; currently posting parcel all over Europe. Oddly Italy is going well, Republic of Ireland very very slow - just for a 50 gram envelope! Think they must have waited for a fishing trawler or something.

Here's something to chill too. Couldn't stop laughing at some of these:
https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_prof ... =1&limit=0

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Woz":21gjho9q said:
It's all over the place at the moment; currently posting parcel all over Europe. Oddly Italy is going well, Republic of Ireland very very slow - just for a 50 gram envelope! Think they must have waited for a fishing trawler or something.

Here's something to chill too. Couldn't stop laughing at some of these:
https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_prof ... =1&limit=0

That's what I call feedback!

My package from Italy finally arrived - in a box that had something like "pizza special" on it, very appropriate considering the parcel's origin. At least I'm getting closer to finally finishing my Explosif. Time for a celebratory beer.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back