Early Orange full sus frame & forks...... NOS WOW condition

:LOL: nos, only built once :facepalm: damn, ive got loads of nos bikes and parts then :LOL:

Im sure these were late 90's too

Re:

mk one":4l8sbd8f said:
nos, only built once damn, ive got loads of nos bikes and parts then

Im sure these were late 90's too
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:08 pm

The frame was built up as a trade show bike by Orange but never ridden..... and yes late 90's hence been in storage for approx 20 years....... Orange didn't enter the full sus market until the mid/late 90's with the X1 being their first foray, but this was their first monocoque offering and hence why it was built as a demo of their new tech.....

Built = not NOS ;) built with nos parts yes, but not nos anymore, used to build a bike :)

mk one":2qbjdvuv said:
Built = not NOS ;) built with nos parts yes, but not nos anymore, used to build a bike :)

Ok..... So despite never having been been ridden, and only used for display by the manufacturer for one trade show over 20 years ago, I'd say this is probably not for you..... Far too used and not retro enough, but thanks for the correction on semantics...... :LOL: :roll:

Ah, sarcasam :)

Just makes me smile when people use the term NOS incorrectly to try to raise the profile and or price of something, personally i dont care but clearly some do :)

And.... im sure a group of bikers after building a bike didnt test it out, not once :) and as im still bored and you mentioned semantics, this is in the wrong section ;) :)

Mark

Re:

mk one":3kf5zpao said:
Ah, sarcasam :)

Just makes me smile when people use the term NOS incorrectly to try to raise the profile and or price of something, personally i dont care but clearly some do :)

And.... im sure a group of bikers after building a bike didnt test it out, not once :) and as im still bored and you mentioned semantics, this is in the wrong section ;) :)

Mark

Nope, Not once and I'm not trying raise anything, other than awareness that this frameset is available should someone be interested......

mk one":12w8i004 said:

A nos part fitted to a nos bike is still nos. It doesnt suddenly become used when it hasnt been.

A frame touted as nos, a fork touted as nos.
What it their purpose ? To go horsing down hills and vales.
Has it ?
Obviously not, so are unused. correct ?

ergo nos

:LOL:

I concur that the term NOS is used far too often in the wrong context, but I agree that if it was built and never used, it is of course NOS. If a bike shop or manufacturer etc. had full bikes and stashed them away only to dig them out decades later they are obviously NOS as described, New Old Stock. How can they be described as anything else?

dyna-ti":3ozl8f74 said:
A nos part fitted to a nos bike is still nos. It doesnt suddenly become used when it hasnt been.

A frame touted as nos, a fork touted as nos.
What it their purpose ? To go horsing down hills and vales.
Has it ?
Obviously not, so are unused. correct ?

ergo nos

:LOL:

:) was it not used to build a bike? Personally i would feel cheated if i went into a shop to buy something new and the owner stripped the part off something.

Back