Early MTB large frame bike wanted

funkster

Dirt Disciple
Looking for an 80's MTB with a large frame. Preferably full bike rather than just the frame. I'm in London, happy to collect around M25 area or for bike to be posted.
Cheers
Miles

Re:

Did I already offer you my 88 Scott Sawtooth ? Its as 80s as Mel and Kim and about twice their size (22"...I think)

Cheers Mr Antstark.
Your Scott is a wonderful thing...
Not quite what I had in mind - I am really looking for an earlier bike - perhaps an old Reynolds framed MTB - hoping to do a bit of a vintage makeover... A bit of Brooks, some cream FAt Franks... I think that the Scott would not take well to such treatment!

Yip you are probably right. Good luck with your search! :D

Ant

funkster":20izwq25 said:
Cheers Mr Antstark.
Your Scott is a wonderful thing...
Not quite what I had in mind - I am really looking for an earlier bike - perhaps an old Reynolds framed MTB - hoping to do a bit of a vintage makeover... A bit of Brooks, some cream FAt Franks... I think that the Scott would not take well to such treatment!

Hiya,
Did you find what you wanted re- the 80's Reynolds frame atb?
I'm just in the process of reluctantly selling my 88/9 Raleigh Montage.
It's a 23'' frame, really comfy but quick angles. They were made in reynolds 501 & lugged.
It's gloss blue and has undergone a recent tasteful restoration. I'm unable to get My disability adaptions to fit it, as I'm a chronically disabled rider.
It's had a new hand-built rear wheel, schwalbe tyres, gusset pedals and a girvin flexstem. The group set is original Suntour accushift.
It's really in excellent condition, spent over three hundred on restoration.
I'm looking for £150 if it's of interest to you.
Cheers.

I was planning on selling my Peugeot 531 Scorpion (see sig.) which I could include as much or as little of the components as you wanted, if that's of any interest.

Back