Early Funk (with repair)

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Not sure about the gusset from the top tube to seat tube…

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I saw this and thought the same thing.

Note seller's description:
"Know entire history of frame -- mostly bike path riding. No dents, a couple very small scratches in powder coat."
I guess he simply 'forgot' to explain the top tube/seat tube gusset (i.e. the repair that had been performed on the frame at some point after its manufacture).
Sure. ;)

I had my finger on the trigger as soon as it popped at ebay - since I still really am in serious search for a beautiful FUNK.

Then I did my math and came to the same conclusion: Heavily repaired seat tube with extra pieces welded on etc.

No thank you! Sir ...

Also: Any adult human being on this earth wil look completely silly and ridiculous on that 16" thing.

Just seen this thread....
I do know the entire history of my 1990 funk from it being the 1st 1 in the UK, the repairs and the last 31 years I've owned it, no it's not for sale. In 1990 they came in 1 size fits all, 19.25", can't see the ad now, but if it was 16", it wasn't an early 1.

I cant confirm this. I have a very early one and its huge

Swede needs to ask Daryl about this!

I can’t add much but mine was imported into the UK in 1990 and it was a 17”. I bought it from the first owner in ‘93 and sold it last year.

Unfortunately, Daryl doesn’t have any of the paperwork and he keeps reminding me that it was +30 years ago.

Latest posts

Back