View
Another victim of the (un) expected new arrival

E21Baur2011_0419_153912.jpg

e21baur2011_0516_194756.jpg

e21baur2011_0512_110637.jpg

e21baur2011_0512_110649.jpg

Trim is back on.
e21baur2011_0516_194713.jpg

1980 E21 BMW 323i Baur TC 1. in Polaris silver.
66,750 mls supported by old MOTs and other documentation inc some S/H.
Hand books and 2 keys. ( 1 a new genuine BMW replacement purchased by me )
Quite a scarce car. Baur converted around 4,500 E21s, with approx 1500 being 323is

Bought earlier in the year as a summer fun car for the family. Sadly the seller was less than honest as to its true condition.
As such It proved not to be safe to drive, and had far more defects/issues than he had stated.

I have spent the last few months rectifying the faults and issues, this has included rebuilding the brake calipers, fitting new pistons and seals, a new ATE brake master cylinder.
Replacing the pre-silencer and both back boxes.
New plugs, leads, K&N air filter. Vacuum pipes. Several Injection O-rings.
Rear hood rubber
Most parts are genuine BMW or OE replacement parts.

All fluids and oils changed.
4 new tyres.
A very small amount of welding and replacement of the large front jacking plates.
And general oiling, greasing, cleaning, tightening and tuning.
Rear underside of car has been treated with POR-15. Was planning on doing the front half and then Waxoiling the whole underside, but have not found the time.

The car was sent for a MOT on the 19th of July, this was no back street dodgy MOT, but carried out at my local Audi dealer, with explicit instructions to check her over carefully.
Unfortunately she failed, due to the rear seatbelts not retracting quickly enough. Of all things....
I attempted to resolve the problem, but was unable to do so. Instead the seatbelts have been removed and the car represented. Rearbelts not being a requirement until 1986.

She now has a full 12mths MOT, with only 2 advisorys.

1. Small chip/crack in windscreen
2. Slight play in front anti-roll bar bushes.

The car is in good original condition overall.
She is over 30yrs old though, so there are, of course, signs of use of which the following ( IMO ) are most notable

N/S front wing needs fillling or replacing and there is a small amount of corrosion around the wheel arch lips.
Paintwork is tired in places.

She drives well enough, and benefits from 5spd overdrive box and PAS. Surprisingly how sprightly the old girl is, the performance can bring on a big smile.

All trim is intact, and the dashboard is crackfree.
Black vinyl & cloth Interior is in good condition for the age, though the drivers seat squab has suffered the common wear area.
All functions work correctly with the exception of the electric mirrors and the original Blaupunkt Coberg Radio cassette player. ( this did work until I took it out to clean ....! )
Glass is tinted all round and in good order.
Rear hood is presentable & weatherproof, but does have some small rips.
Plastic window has has some restitching. Targa top material is also good.
Its worth noting that the hood and targa panel are in the orignal vinyl material.
Chrome bumpers are in good order.
Original 13in Alloy wheels with new Falken tyres.

£2000 for a quick sale. Poss PX with 80/90s road bike approx 54-56cm

Viewing is recommened and welcomed.
Car is located approx 7mls north of J17 M4.

Latest posts

Back