Don’t think they’ve seen a Thumbie before!

lever.jpg
It's actually the "business end" of an ingenious 2-part cable-actuated device to aid in scratching your privates without the need to take your hands off the controls, and while maintaining your composure.
A convenient bar-mounted finger-lever sits at the other end of the cable.
Riders without one tend to display that tell-tale, hard-to-hide grimace.
This is the left-handed version - very rare.
It looks to be well-used, although I'm sure it will clean up easily.
Be sure to test thoroughly in the privacy of your home behind closed doors before attempting to use in public (OMG, that was one rough day)
Flinch.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers for that clarification @incorrigible, I have always been made to believe it's a secondary lever for the brakes so they can be locked on, whilst your bike is stationary to stop it rolling away, a bit like a parking brake or hand brake in a car,🤣😂.

Cheers for that clarification @incorrigible, I have always been made to believe it's a secondary lever for the brakes so they can be locked on, whilst your bike is stationary to stop it rolling away, a bit like a parking brake or hand brake in a car,🤣😂.

You're quite welcome. I'm happy to share my wisdom with others.
The secondary brake lever is indeed a valid yet unintended alternate use for this device.
Other common unintended uses include fidget spinner, ninja throwing star, and marital aid, although none of these qualify as "normal use" and will likely void the warranty.
:oops::LOL:

As the date stamp translates to 1785 ( January).....(23rd just after tiffin).....i hate to think how many "hands" that marital aid has been through!

As the date stamp translates to 1785 ( January).....(23rd just after tiffin).....i hate to think how many "hands" that marital aid has been through!

I'm sure that any.......um........"enthusiasm-induced" disfigurements will buff right out with a little Brasso, and any lingering DNA can be addressed with a Chlorine bath. Fortunately the warranty is transferable to the new owner, although in 1785, warranties for bike parts were individually scribed onto rabbit pelts and therefore difficult to preserve. In fact, in 1785, I believe that rabbit pelts themselves also played a significant role in marital bliss.

If the shop becomes skeptical that the part's damage was due to any type of mischief (to include shenanigans, tomfoolery, horseplay, or any other activity not specified in said warranty), just be sure to tell them the time-tested excuse: "I was just riding along and..." (pretty much the same excuse you'd give to a skeptical Emergency Room doctor for objects "accidentally" lodged in awkward places............................um...........not that I ever......uh........."slipped and fell in the shower".................while riding my bike..................in the dark......................while drunk.......................trying to escape a burning building....................................again).

I see the seller has removed the image from his auction and modified the description to read : "More info to follow". Perhaps he's seen this page and will be using it as an authoritative source of information, which would, of course, be the sensible thing to do.

Frank!!! You're killing me. Stop. Please. :)

Roy!
KILLING, you say?
I see you've caught on to my diabolical plan to methodically rid the world of all Retrobikers, one-at-a-time, so that I can have ALL the retrobikes to myself.
Today: Retro_Roy
Tomorrow: The world!
Mu-hu-hu-ha-ha-ha!

Back