Does this exist?

setspeed

Retro Guru
I'm starting to think I'm on a wild goose chase, but I guess this is the best place to find out.
I'm after some period-correct handlebars for my '92 bike, and I want flat bars rather than risers, and at least 660mm wide.
I've had several 680mm riser bars pointed out to me, such as Club Roost. I've also had several mid-late 90s XC riser bars suggested, such as Easton Monkey Lite. But so far no flat, early 90s wide bars.
Can anyone suggest a suitable bar that I've not found or heard about? Preferably available in black. Plus, I'd also like the moon on a stick. Thank you.

I don't think they exist. No do tubeless Onza Porcs or 12 speed thumbies either.
I suspect you would find the handling weird anyway.

I don't think, in that era, there were many wider than around 610mm

I was told that Kusuki made a set that were 660 wide, which is what I wanted for my Titanius, but what arrived from Japan had been cut to just over 600… still look good though. DF93C844-B882-4EE2-8D9F-5943B22014B7.jpeg 1379CD70-F85D-4EC1-8A9A-1E0D0BB2A5B9.jpeg

I can’t think of any that were/are 660mm and flat. That’s the era when everyone was cutting down their bars in any case.
Maybe some slightly earlier ones might be 600mm.

Widest I’ve personally had are ITM Mach-3 Ergal which are about 630mm.

Sunn NK Trial. I have one cut down at 580mm, but it originally was way wider. I think I bought it in 1994. Don't know whether it was around in 1992.

Sunn NK Trial. I have one cut down at 580mm, but it originally was way wider. I think I bought it in 1994. Don't know whether it was around in 1992.
Thanks, I'll add to the list to see if I can find one. An initial Google search brings back nothing though, so I guess it must be pretty rare

I seem to recall having a fairly long roox flat bar, plus 600mm but not sure how early it was, but standard bar clamp (used a shim actually).

Back