Dilemma time, what to keep.snd what to sell from the ti collection

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've been procrastinating long enough, but d-day is the 2nd Jan when building work starts and I lose a lot of space currently filled with bikes and build parts.

I have a lot of ti bikes and build possibilities but need to rationalise somewhere. Hard choices must be made.

So if you had to keep just one of the following, what would it be and why?

Raleigh team titanium. Full ti, torus/,x-lite wishbone stay style.

DBR Axis TT.

GT Lightning

Litespeed Obed FS

I should probably be thinking of keeping 1, but I'd settle for 2.

I'm not going to cloud it with emotional attachment, as there is some, it's more an exercise of what's better to keep, what will I regret no longer owning. What rides better, lasts longer etc Got to try and be ruthless. Then I can move on to other dilemmas.

OK. The Raleigh is a must, I've had one and it was a great bike to ride.
As to the rest, well I found the GT boring, so yeah it's Ti, but meh.

The Litespeed as a suss isnt up to the job really. Yes it is a lovely bike, and its era was a while back and lets just face it, its cruel forcing an old frame out even if it looks up to it. Think of it like dragging your 15yr old Labrador round the park.

And once they get to that age, they just cost you more money.
Yes, best give the vet a nod to that one.

Which leaves the DBR, which is a lovely frame and the geometry isnt that slack. Its a simple triangles design as with the Raleigh, but a bit racier.

DBR Axis first - top pedigree of the marque, Raleigh second if it's got the X lite fork?

Get the sale sign on the:
Lightning - lovely beautiful thing but plays second fiddle to a Xizang
Obed - Either another AMP copy or the other type is er ...... (odd looking?) I might get in trouble for this.

Your own riding experience and their fit will have an influence too, You may appreciate the soft tail as years advance on the spinal column?

Thanks. The raleigh doesn't have the Trimnell fork, I'd like to get one, but it does have the original, black triple butted cromo one which I refitted recently after running pace forks, and it looks great.

I suspected the dbr would be top of the pile.

I'm a GT fan which is why I bought the lightning.

The litespeed is the amp version, I've owned many an amp but shamefully never finished a build. This was going to change that.

The dbr and raleigh are fully built, the other 2 are not, but I have pretty much everything to do them. Amp wise I've got f3xc forks, disc adapters, a risse shock for it, many spares too.

Sizing is a good point to consider, the lightning I bought as a slightly larger frame as I've found that on modern bikes I fit them better.

Appreciate the input so far though. It would certainly be easier to sell unbuilt bikes.

Would the AMP fit either of the fully built bikes (for an easy AMP win)?
Do you mean swap the parts over? I'd not need to. Or do you mean forks? I've also got some f4 BLT forks and and amp B4 in the stash but that is another story/dilemma on non-ti frames.

If that's the DBR that Wadsy had (possibly?) then I'd be keeping that for sure as that's one of the nicest ti builds I seem to remember on here as well as Mr Ships Ti-Mega.

Sell the Lightning as agree with what fettler has said and there's a fair amount of them around too and not many of the Diamondbacks.

Will

It wasn't wadsys one. I've had it a long time and in various guises, currently like this:

Latest posts

Back