deore lx hub m563

I’ve just swapped out a 565 for a 563, so have a complete VGC 32H 565 available if of interest, would be a direct swap using the same spokes.
are the hub bodies the same width, and therefore able to just swap the axle and freehub? therefore saving rebuilding the wheel altogether?

Oh yes. Amen to that. Finding bits for less than a gazillion quid is becoming a right pain.
yeah, there's been a few bikes this week, that I would have had if not been isolating due to positive covid, and all the parts have been stripped and put on here or ebay for way more than the original bike was advertised for

The flanges will be closer together on an 8 speed hub.

This counter acts the effect of moving the drive side flange inboard by 4 ish mm to allow for the longer freehub. If not the dishing would be so far out of balance as to make an unstable wheel.

You " should" be ok dishing the wheel over towards the drive side, but, as i said above, i would try and keep the cassette as close as possible to the frame ( chain alowing) to reduce the re-dish and the chain line effect as much as possible.

Just use an 8 speed cassette

Leave one of the cogs off (not the last)

Use an 8 speed shifter

Same works with 8/9/10/11/12.

Back