Dekerf Team 853 SST - full bike SOLD for £800 collected

Hi,

Having bought this DeKerf from Mr Squirrel last year for my son (and, bizarrely the second bike I'd bought from this seller over the years) I'm sorry to report it was stolen in 90 seconds from Tooley Street, London Bridge yesterday lunchtime.

My son's gutted as he'd really gelled with the bike and we'd make a few tweaks to what was already a really great build. He did everything right, locked it securely and kept it within eyesight whilst grabbing a bottle of water. As I said to him, scumbags will be scumbags and if they want it enough nothing you can do will stop them.

So, please keep an eye out for any suspect for sale ads and in the meantime I'll cross my fingers for the insurance claim and more than likely be back on here to find something equally rare and interesting.

Cheers

Hi,

Having bought this DeKerf from Mr Squirrel last year for my son (and, bizarrely the second bike I'd bought from this seller over the years) I'm sorry to report it was stolen in 90 seconds from Tooley Street, London Bridge yesterday lunchtime.

My son's gutted as he'd really gelled with the bike and we'd make a few tweaks to what was already a really great build. He did everything right, locked it securely and kept it within eyesight whilst grabbing a bottle of water. As I said to him, scumbags will be scumbags and if they want it enough nothing you can do will stop them.

So, please keep an eye out for any suspect for sale ads and in the meantime I'll cross my fingers for the insurance claim and more than likely be back on here to find something equally rare and interesting.

Cheers

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope by some miracle he's able to get it back.

Seeing how rubbish locks are when these thieving scum are walking around in broad daylight with handheld powertools I'd like to advise buying a tracker you can bung down the seat tube and a claw hammer.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope by some miracle he's able to get it back.

Seeing how rubbish locks are when these thieving scum are walking around in broad daylight with handheld powertools I'd like to advise buying a tracker you can bung down the seat tube and a claw hammer.
Thanks for the LFGSS link, done.

What I’d do for 30 mins with an angle grinder and these twats’ limbs.

Not holding out much hope but you never know. Unfortunately I suspect they don’t know what they nicked and focused on the parts. We’d just replaced the crankset with an XT M-8000.

Oh no, this was mine before the sellers. In the last 10 years, this is the only one of this colourway (Guinness Brown and the orange maple leaf is a custom option) so if it surfaces online it should stick out like a sore thumb. I’ll keep peeled, I’ve an eye for custom American steel.

Thanks for the comments - the insurance came through and a replacement arrived yesterday - an On-One 456 Ti. Not anywhere as special as the Dekerf unfortunately but wantedd to get him back up and running.

Might wander up to Brick Lane one lunchtime and see what the thieves' fences have in stock...!

Back