Dave Lloyd Beez Neez

Blane

Retro Newbie
Here is my Dave LLoyd Beez Neez, I've owned this bike since 1993, I went from a Raleigh Marauder to this, used with great pleasure all through the 90's and then morphed into more of a tourer well semi-slicks and bigger gear ratio for a coast to coast bike ride in early 2000's and other similar touring routes since. The last 10 years it has mainly lived in the garage.

There's not much left on the frame re original parts, LX hubs, LX rear canti. I fitted an aheadset and a pace fork approx. 2000, unfortunately I cannot locate the original fork and stem. The frame no longer in its original colours either. Frame no LL92622 Frame size from centre of BB to top of seat post 18”, can add more measurements if people are interested. Here are some photos keen to know what people think. Cheers

Attachments

• Dave Lloyd bees 1.JPG
    Dave Lloyd bees 1.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 545
  • Dave Lloyd bees 3.JPG
    Dave Lloyd bees 3.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 541
  • Dave Lloyd bees 5.JPG
    Dave Lloyd bees 5.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 541
  • Dave Lloyd bees 6a.JPG
    Dave Lloyd bees 6a.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 543
  • Dave Lloyd bees 7.JPG
    Dave Lloyd bees 7.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 544
Re:

You'll find plenty of folk on here who love the goodness of a nice fillet brazed British frame :) Not having the original fork in particular is a real shame. Has it had a front end collision at some point? The marks on the top tube and down tube look a bit nasty.

Re:

HELLO!

What have we here. :mrgreen:

We could do with a little more info on the dents, to help work out if tubes need replacing or if they are just old battle scars.

But even with the dents I'd agree with Coomber's estimate for the frame only, the running gear (in retro terms) is not worth too much, the Pace forks are, by the looks of them, third generation RC30's, so they are worth a couple of bob.

LL92 means it's a 1992 Beez, which would nicely match my 1992 Cats, so I'll be dropping you a line. :mrgreen:

Re:

thats a decent dent in the top tube. need a better picture to assess the full damage. id say £80-£90 frame the forks are good so id ebay those the rest of the kit probably inst worth that much.

Back