Custom Kona Kula frame 2001 19 inches

bluebouye

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It is with a sad heart that I am putting my beloved Kona Kula frame up for sale. It is a 2001ish, 19inch, Easton Ultralite Taperwall tubing frame.

The good points -

Freshly powder coated in a gorgeous gunmetal grey. Brand new Kona decals in a light blue applied. Whilst the purists out there would argue the decals on the top and head tube are from earlier Kula models, I always loved those earlier decals and couldn't resist putting them on and I think the frame colour and the decals work beautifully. All the decals are absolutely mint and undamaged.

I also sourced an original foiled Easton Ultralight decal from the Far East which just makes the frame look the business.

Bad points -

Firstly and most importantly, I stupidly managed to thread one side of the bottom bracket threads :facepalm: I could have cried when I realised what I had done. The cup on the threaded side does tighten but at the last turn it loosens off again. I had it re-tapped but it was too late. Now having said this I built her up and rode her for 6 months without any problems. I never used any loctite but I would imagine this would definitely help.

I appreciate most people consider frames with threaded BBs as spares or repairs but this frame is far, far, far too nice to bin. I would just like to add the other BB thread is fine.

There are a couple of very, very light depressions on the top tube, at the front where the cable housing has rubbed on the frame over time before I powder coated. Nothing major but just wanted to be as honest as possible. These are just about noticeable on the photos.

There are also just a few very light scuff marks on the top tube where the cable housing has rubbed a little. These may polish out, I just haven't tried. Again hardly noticeable.

Apart from that she is dink, scratch, chip and crack free and looks beautiful.

Including the frame, powder coating and decals I have probably spent close to £200. Obviously I would like to recoup as much of that back but because of the BB issue I appreciate this is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. As I have to list it with a price I am going to ask for £100 and see what interest I get, if none then I'm open to offers but it it's pennies then she is going back in a box and going to be preserved for prosperity.

Any questions just ask :D

Attachments

• IMG_6663.JPG
    IMG_6663.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_6660.JPG
    IMG_6660.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_6655.JPG
    IMG_6655.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_6653.JPG