Curious 1 1/8" Threadless Headset (YST?)

gogmagog

Dirt Disciple
Top race assembly of an interesting locking headset for 1 1/8" threadless forks, maybe a YST Geforce, but no markings. It's an odd thing, with a threaded (on the outside) collar which slides over the steerer tube and screws into the top bearing cup (threaded on the inside), which then fits onto the top race. I think the idea is that you lock the collar onto the steerer with the bigger Allen bolt, and then screw the cup down to pre-tension the bearings, and then lock the cup to the collar with the small Allen bolt to clamp the whole thing. If you were brave, I think it would let you run a quill stem on a threadless fork... but I guess it would normally be topped off with a normal ahead-style stem clamped onto the rest of the steerer.

Anyway, photos below. I'd be happy with £10 posted I reckon? One of the ball bearings is missing, but I'd probably suggest a new set would be in order. There are a few scrapes etc on the collar especially, but the bearing surfaces in the cups look smooth enough. And just to re-iterate, it's just the upper assembly.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4823.JPG
    IMG_4823.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4824.JPG
    IMG_4824.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4825.JPG
    IMG_4825.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 101
Back