Crossfire 1

Graham_hkr

Specialized Fan
Hi Guys,
So basically I've bagged myself a Carrera Crossfire 1, really only for rides with the wife who insists on cycle-paths or the odd tow-path & the likes.
Thought it would be beneficial to rescue it from the bin, even if only to save wearing out my MTB tires fitted to my Retros riding on roads!
With the 700x42C (44-622) tires fitted I was looking for something a tad wider.

So, I've been looking around & I like the look of the Double fighter II tires & as the pic shows it's suggested they would fit onto the current rims? anyone disagrees or has any better suggestions? I (plenty of room between the dropouts.)
The wheel rims where the tire beads sit measures only 16.55mm which seems fairly narrow!

Secondly, I would also like to remove the triple chainrings & replace with a single chainring, ideally, of the Narrow/Wide variety, anyone got any recommendation or previous experience for this modification?
I've done some research etc & I know there are some considerations on ratios etc, should one use the current spider from the triple or fit a completely new set specific for a single?
Bearing in mind the current triple will be a cheap one & I'm not sure if I can separate the chainrings & use the current one anyway?

Hoping you can make some good suggestions/ideas, apart from I should have let it go to the tip! :facepalm:

Cheers
G.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 238
  • wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 238