Wanted Claud Butler 853 Professional (late 90's)

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Looking out for a Claud Butler Professional in Reynolds 853, Late '96-'99. (not the earlier 653 version)

One of the larger sizes would be prefered (23"/58.5cm or 24"/61cm)

Any condition considered, frame & forks prefered. Yellow or Blue as it will be getting re-finished.

Claud Butler 1.jpg 853 Professional.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at that catalogue copy, the frame quality far exceeded the kit they hung on it. It surely merited 600 or dura ace.

Hi,

I'm just trying to refurbish one of these and looking to get replacement decals. Can't seem to find any which match the originals. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Also the bar tape, nearest I can find is a yellow and black camo - but none with grey also

Hi,

I'm just trying to refurbish one of these and looking to get replacement decals. Can't seem to find any which match the originals. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Also the bar tape, nearest I can find is a yellow and black camo - but none with grey also
The two main decal guys that I use are Steve at H Lloyds’s for road bike & Gil at Retrodecals for MTB.
Both will make from scratch but need very good photos & measurements. Lloyds are cheaper when it comes to custom road requests as it’s more worth his while but saying that Gil does have part of a very similar font from when I made up a set of artwork for my 1998 CLAUD BUTLER CAPE WRATH so he would only need to create an “O” an “I” & a “S”. And he should also have an appropriate mid 90’s Claud head badge and the obligatory “Handmade in England” and of course he can supply either Shimano or Campagnolo stickers for whichever group you’re using.
For all of the above he can size up specifically to your requirements. It won’t be 100% exactly as per the original but it will be pretty bloody close and in keeping.
(Ps & there won’t be many apart from us Claud nuts who would spot the difference’s anyway!)
Email for Gil; sales@retrodecals.co.uk

The two main decal guys that I use are Steve at H Lloyds’s for road bike & Gil at Retrodecals for MTB.
Both will make from scratch but need very good photos & measurements. Lloyds are cheaper when it comes to custom road requests as it’s more worth his while but saying that Gil does have part of a very similar font from when I made up a set of artwork for my 1998 CLAUD BUTLER CAPE WRATH so he would only need to create an “O” an “I” & a “S”. And he should also have an appropriate mid 90’s Claud head badge and the obligatory “Handmade in England” and of course he can supply either Shimano or Campagnolo stickers for whichever group you’re using.
For all of the above he can size up specifically to your requirements. It won’t be 100% exactly as per the original but it will be pretty bloody close and in keeping.
(Ps & there won’t be many apart from us Claud nuts who would spot the difference’s anyway!)
Email for Gil; sales@retrodecals.co.uk
Great,

Appreciative the reply. Most of the badges and decals are in fairly good order - it is just the top tube one which has clearly been rubbed by the brake cable. Looking to do a sympathetic restoration job and get it back to how it might have looked in its riding hey day (Rather than fresh from the factory mint condition). Bike was my father in laws who passed away. It has been in a garage for 10+ years ; fortunately most of the drive chain caked in oil and grease which has probably formed a protective layer over the years - even the chain is recoverable. Will just be nice to get it back looking like it did when he was riding it

Latest posts

Back