Claud Butler 57cm

retrotrack

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I've got this stunning Claude Butler Dalesman Reynold's 531.

Size is 57cm top-tube (centre to centre) and 57cm seat-tube (centre to top)

Frame has no dents or cracks, a few stone chips and a few very very small rust spots. Small detail but I've left some stickers on for large tour rides (dated 1984 and 1989 on the top-tube and one on the right hand side of the fork)

This bike feels very 'crisp' and very well maintained. The hubs give a real flush 'click' and spin forever, the bottom-bracket and chain also feels this crisp way, too. Nothing is stuck, everything has good quality grease and will be a very easy bike to work on in the future.

Since these pictures I've put brand-new brake and gear inner cables. Old ones worked perfectly but for peace of mind I changed them over. Quality Jagwire cables now in, cut really nicely and crimps installed etc. I've also installed some black bar-tape (£15 worth so quality stuff).

This bike has Weinmann calipers and brakes.

Suntour Cyclone front mech + shifters, Shimano rear mech.

Custom chainset running Quill pedals, left-hand pedal is missing a strap. Pedals feel butter smooth and all threads are perfect.

GB concept bar and stem

Compeition clincher rims on Campagnolo hubs.

Michelin BB tyres, great condition

Brooks saddle. Not sure which model but it's original.

I know all bikes are technically 'owned by a cyclist' but the level of maintenance that has gone into this bike suggests it's been looked after it's whole life.

I've given the bike a thorough clean but some WD40 and a tooth-brush around the chainset it was this bike deserves.

Price is £250 posted anywhere in the UK.

Please feel free to email me with your questions.

DSC_0527_zps084d1b7d.jpg

DSC_0530_zps05de681a.jpg

DSC_0531_zps47e8a400.jpg

DSC_0532_zpsee492e09.jpg

DSC_0533_zps0417c68b.jpg

DSC_0534_zpsd0e9a3b5.jpg

Latest posts

Back