Cheap early Marin Palisades 1988?

Ooof worth a trip for someone who likes early Marins, further down in my eBay searches realised the seller has several other lovely early ones as very reasonable prices

It's 3 marins with a couple listed multiple times at different prices with different parts included.
Pretty sure there’s 5 different bikes there - supersleuthing the marks/missing parts of the decals each one is a different bike.

Pretty sure there’s 5 different bikes there - supersleuthing the marks/missing parts of the decals each one is a different bike.
You may be correct, I was fooled by seeing both Palisades have stuck seatpost and assumed they were the same one.

My first "proper" bike! Maybe I should count the Coventry Eagle it replaced, think that was a better bike than I realised at the time. Had the Marin Palisades from new though from a shop in North London somewhere. Can't remember how I settled on it or found out where to buy it in those pre-internet days 🙂 Road it all the way home to Surbiton and the first thing my Dad says is "Did they not give you a pump with it? They saw you coming!" Cheers Dad!

hi everyone

they're my listings, they are all correct and no duplicates. these bikes were collected by my brother who passed away last year.

I've just posted a nice mount vision and I have three other bear valleys - two 1988 and one 1989 plus some other brands to go.

I'm slightly underpricing because they need to sell and things can hang around a little too long sometimes.

thanks

Last edited:
Back