Carlton Pro Am 12

allenh

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Its amazing how time flies. Work, stuff at home, eloping to Las Vegas to get married, cars, other hobbies and just life in general have meant I've not done much bike fettling for a while, I've still managed to ride a few of my bikes but just not got greasy handed for a while.

Well I was home early yesterday and the sun was out so out came the tools and and the boxes of bits and I got to work on this.

I'd wanted a Pro Am 12 for a while and picked up this frame some time last year, its a little small for me and more than a little scruffy but I thought it'd make a nice restomod. So dug out a few Campag bits and here we are a Pro Am 16.

Its going to get painted when the sun warms up a bit and I might change/replace a few bits like drill the brake holes so I can put later Campag brakes on it rather than the Modolo's I've got on now, but for now its built up and rides quite nicely.

So I'll update this thread as I go but for now its 1980 all over again.

IMG_20230426_163242.jpg

Love a Carlton!

Those forks look bent to me like it has run into the back of a car, or been kerb'd. Maybe it is some optical weirdness, though.

Love a Carlton!

Those forks look bent to me like it has run into the back of a car, or been kerb'd. Maybe it is some optical weirdness, though.
No I'm pretty certain they're a little bent, I've got another pair to go in it although when I finally get round to painting it I've got a nice set of sloping crown chrome ones with a short head tube that would go very nicely in this frame, so as its not going to be in any way period correct it may end up with those in it.

I might be picking up one of these at the weekend. Very difficult to tell from the blurry picture I have seen but am hoping am right and it is one as these look like good solid bikes 😁

Latest posts

Back