Cannondale Jekyll Team 3000, Titanium Lefty ELO, Float RC

Nexus27

Dirt Disciple
For Sale; one very well maintained, lightly used, top of the range, Cannondale Jekyll 3000 Team Edition. £1050 (Offers welcome)

Front and Rear suspension has been regularly serviced by professionals. Electronic lock out on the titanium lefty fork works perfectly. (Quite a rare find these days) Lefty Suspension Fork is one of the lightest, best tracking suspension forks ever made. All bearings; wheels, headset and bottom bracket recently replaced (2011) so should be good for another ten years.

Rear cassette, chain and chain rings have also been replaced in 2011. Brake pads are less than 2 months old. Wheels run true and have good tension. Rear shock has been fully updated by Mojo, who added Pro-Pedal to the blue shock lock out lever. I bought the bike new in 2002 for £2,500 and have looked after it really well. Everything works as it should – great opportunity to pick up a very special, lightweight Cannondale Team cross country mountain bike.

BEST THING ABOUT THIS BIKE: The "gee-whiz" tech, from the remote-controlled electronic lockout of the HeadShok Lefty ELO fork to the widely adjustable geometry of the Jekyll frameset (head tube angle can be adjusted from 71 to 69.5 degrees; seat tube angle from 73 to 71.5 degrees).

The Jekyll's adjustable shock mount is trail-tuneable for just about any riding condition--without sacrificing total rear-wheel travel. The electronic lockout fork's handlebar-grip accessibility provides quick activation of the Lefty's rock-solid compression lockout for efficient climbing …

WORST THING ABOUT THIS BIKE: As you will appreciate, over the last ten years the frame lacquer is showing its age and there are general light scuff marks and the occasional paint chip from normal usage and riding. Most will probably polish right out with the right product. I will try to show these in the pictures. There are no cracks, dents or repairs – it’s in really good condition for it’s age!

Current picture is from the web and shows the bike in brand new condition and specification. As soon as it stops raining I will get out to the shed and take a load of current photos of the bike and post them up ASAP.

If you would like to view the bike, arrange a test ride etc or ask any other questions, just send me a message, happy to arrange. I'm based in St. Albans

Naturally, if you would like a test ride, please bring the asking price in cash as a deposit! Cash on collection is preferred - thanks!

MSRP (new) £3,499 (2001)
Size Medium 18”
Weight 12.3 kg/27.1 lb
Colours Team Blue/Super Black Team Stripes & Yellow decals

Frame & Fork
Frame Construction TIG-welded
Frame Tubing Material 6013 T6 aluminium
Fork Brand & Model Superlight Titanium Headshok Lefty ELO
Fork Material Triple-clamp
Rear Shock: Fox Air Float RC, Mojo converted lock out now Pro-Pedal on/off
Last Suspension Service: 18/03/2011 Tony at Thumbprint Tuning, Lefty & Rear Shock

Components
Component Group Mountain Mix
Brakes Hayes Hydraulic Disc brakes, Hayes Hydraulic Disc levers
Shift Levers Shimano XTR RapidFire SL
Front Derailleur Shimano XTR top-swing
Rear Derailleur Shimano XTR SGS - Reverse Rise
Crankset Cannondale CX3, 22/32/44 teeth – Middleburn Chainrings
Pedals None Supplied
Bottom Bracket Shimano splined, 109.5mm spindle
Rear Cogs 9-speed, 11 - 32 teeth
Chain SRAM PC991 9 Speed Chain
Seatpost Cannondale Competition
Saddle WTB Rocket V Titanium Rail
Handlebar Syntace VRO
Handlebar Stem Syntace VRO
Grips ODI Ruffian Lock Jaw
Headset Cannondale oversize Cannondale HeadShok SI

Wheels
Hubs Cannondale Competition Disc
Rims Mavic X317 Disc, 32-hole
Tires 26 x 2.20" Panaracer XC Pro
Spoke Brand DT stainless steel, 1.8mm double-butted
Spoke Nipples Brass

Attachments

• New Jekyll.JPG
    New Jekyll.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,999
Photos

Forgot to mention there is a Hope seat post clamp fitted. I've just fitted a pair of Hutchinson Tech Scorpion tyres to the bike instead of the Panaracer XC pro's. I will include one of the Panaracers as a spare tyre with the bike, unfortunately the other had a small tear on the sidewall so it's gone in the bin. If anyone want some more photos just send me a message. Happy bidding!

1.JPG
(alt+p)
2.JPG
(alt+p)
3.JPG
(alt+p)
4.JPG
(alt+p)
5.JPG
(alt+p)
6.JPG
(alt+p)