campagnolo group set ... how to identify

malverncyclist

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone

I am new here, so may ask one or two 'dumb' questions. I have two older bikes in my possession, one is a TI Raleigh race replica from 1973 (frame tells me it was built in the Nottingham factory in March 1973, it's a Reynolds 531 frame with a Suntours groupset, but that's not the issue here).

The one I'm querying about is a Ribble bike, Reynolds 531 "c" frame with a Campagnolo group set (which really made it for me), bought it from my local bike shop just before Christmas. As I've never dreamed of owning something with 'campagnolo' on it, I'd like to know which set it is ... but can't see anything stamped on the derailleurs, brakes, downshifters (which are indexed). Can anyone tell me what I need to look out for to identify the Campagnolo set I have here?

thanks

martin

some pics here

Martin

Attachments

• DSCN2146-Optimized.jpg
    DSCN2146-Optimized.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,875
  • DSCN2141-Optimized.jpg
    DSCN2141-Optimized.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,875
  • DSCN2145-Optimized.jpg
    DSCN2145-Optimized.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,875
  • DSCN2143-Optimized.jpg
    DSCN2143-Optimized.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,875
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thanks folks, that's great. Whilst it's not top notch, it's good to know what it is and as Bastos says, it works well (certainly for me). Anyone know when Campag introduced indexed downshifters (as mine is indexed). I have on other bike (Raleigh 1973 TI race replica) a Suntour system which isn't indexed which is also fine ...

Late to the party here, but I say Xenon too.
I'm pretty sure the syncro index levers were introduced in 1987. There are different versions --- a look at velobase might help to pin down the timing more accurately.
Nick

Back