Wanted Campagnolo BB spanner pin

Balaphuel

Dirt Disciple
Looking for a replacement pin for this BB spanner.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20221007_125823668.jpg
    IMG_20221007_125823668.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 16
Pins are part UT-BB011. Mercian have them listed in pairs on their website.
https://www.merciancycles.co.uk/online-shop/campagnolo-tools/ut-bb011/

They are the worst Campagnolo tool I ever used. Under workshop conditions the pins would last hours only. One of the pins for my personal 712 tool lasted a grand total of 2 (yes, two) uses despite the BB threads in my frame being chased clean. Went back to using my trusty VAR 13 pin spanner - which is still going strong after nearly 50 years of abuse.

Last edited:
I agree with Jim. Mine now lays redundant with only one pin. Lots of better alternatives.

I also found the pedal spanner which is on the other BB tool chewed easy, but maybe that was me being ham-fisted

Thanks for the info. At £25.25 with P&P, that's a hefty price for a tiny piece of metal. A similar story with my Campag BB spanner, when it broke decades ago I resorted to a basic adjustable tool and a Park SPA-1, I've never had one break on me since. Looks like mine will remain redundant in the tool box too.

Just put a little bolt through it, held in place with a small nut. Cheap fix, good as new!

Something like this..
Bolt measured 2.6mm over the thread
6635488B-5CEF-4762-BF3F-D458005BF391.jpeg

I’ve turned the thread down to 2.3dia which I think is what you need
14D76FAE-192E-4F1C-9435-B32D47B39D80.jpeg

Just need to hacksaw/file down to appropriate length
CF022860-D002-4820-BFC0-69A1E3829B74.jpeg
If you pm me your address I’ll stick it in the post...

I think from memory the pin part which goes into the cup hole is much smaller diameter than the thread in the spanner

I think from memory the pin part which goes into the cup hole is much smaller diameter than the thread in the spanner

Damn!

They’ve even made it unfixable.. i bet they’re outsourced to apple 😁

Yours is a decent idea, it's just the protruding thread would need filing down to be a thinner diameter

Back