"brand new" yo

Are you kidding...a brand new Yo and it's the last s/m to be sold by Fat City. In the world of collectability the first and the last of anything are special. A new frame of similar quality will set you back close to $2K USD and you will be 1/2 as cool.

If it was my size (it's not) and I was not breaking the bank right now restoring my 1990 Yo, I think I would step up and find the reserve price - no kidding. It's brand new fresh. Just how many brand new Yo Eddys are out there to be had at any price?

RockyMountainHigh":3dif6xbm said:
Are you kidding...a brand new Yo and it's the last s/m to be sold by Fat City. In the world of collectability the first and the last of anything are special. A new frame of similar quality will set you back close to $2K USD and you will be 1/2 as cool.

If it was my size (it's not) and I was not breaking the bank right now restoring my 1990 Yo, I think I would step up and find the reserve price - no kidding. It's brand new fresh. Just how many brand new Yo Eddys are out there to be had at any price?

well, this year I picked up a 1992 Yo Eddy (Small/Medium) for less than his starting price, and I got an entire bike. mine wasn't brand new, but it was barely ridden (fewer than six times on rail trails) so it was as close as I could get. good deals are to be had out there if you're patient. :)

don't think the NY bikes are as desirable, though I might be a tad biased considering I live in Massachusetts (and many years in Somerville).

anyway, it is cool to see things like this come around though...

I agree, better deals can be had, with this bike the question is how much is virgin worth?

You might be biased but most Fat fans agree - the NY bikes are all there in the craftsmanship, but they don't have the same soul. The bikes from Somerville MA have the soul of the original shop/employees and the Karma that goes with it. For example, what would the opinions be if this were a virgin 1990 Yo, perhaps w/ it's original Yo fork? This bike has 10 more years of refinement in it but I'd take the early bike - all other things being equal.

RockyMountainHigh":3quapjpu said:
I agree, better deals can be had, with this bike the question is how much is virgin worth?

You might be biased but most Fat fans agree - the NY bikes are all there in the craftsmanship, but they don't have the same soul. The bikes from Somerville MA have the soul of the original shop/employees and the Karma that goes with it. For example, what would the opinions be if this were a virgin 1990 Yo, perhaps w/ it's original Yo fork? This bike has 10 more years of refinement in it but I'd take the early bike - all other things being equal.

10 more years of refinement??? I don't think it made any improvements on the 90 Yo "z". I have one and love it...would never trade it for a nos 99 ny built fat.

There are better deals to be had than this auction...doubt he'll get his price...but hey.

He's had a bid at $999, but it doesn't match the reserve. We don't know what the reserve price is, but he says it is 'high'. The price on Speedgoat of an Independent Fabrications Steel Deluxe is $1,695.

Which is the better value?

Back