Boulder Defiant PR

gtturbo

Senior Retro Guru
So after missing out on the Rock Combo frame this week I thought I would dig out one of my other drop bar projects. There doesn't seem to be very much info online about this so perhaps someone has some knowledge ?. Being a mountain bike guy I'm well aware of the Boulder mountain bike frames but not the road variant.

The rear shock currently leaks so I need to strip that down. I sent an email to Risse just in case I need any parts as I know they do parts for some older shocks but never got a reply. So if anyone has any knowledge on servicing the rear shock that would be greatly received before I dive in.

Thanks to @scant for the Ruby forks. Ideally I would like some Paris Roubaix's but will wait and see what comes up.

This is going to be a slow burner as I need to source parts. Think it's only fitting I track down some early 90s Dura Ace 8 speed for this unless anyone has a better suggestion?.

Attachments

• 20211211_192249.jpg
    20211211_192249.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211211_193638.jpg
    20211211_193638.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20211211_193653.jpg
    20211211_193653.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20211211_193703.jpg
    20211211_193703.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 41
Wow, never seen anything like this before. Thought you’d posted in the wrong section for a while until I re-read what you typed. What sort of tyre clearance does it have? Assuming it’s 700c?

A rare and interesting frame looking forward to the build, the rear triangle is similar to my Spaceframe Moulton, I love the way the air shock is intergrated into the frame. Were these ever ridden in the Paris Roubaix ?

DSC03856.JPG

Thanks all. Interesting that another should appear recently, the last time I looked there was only 1 other I could find and that one has the Bradbury forks. The one in the video is different to mine in that it has canti's on the rear. Seems a slightly odd choice seeing as it has a caliper brake on the front.

So it seems the shock is indeed a Risse as confirmed in the video so I have emailed them again in the hope they can help. I also picked up some Ultegra tricolor hubs on Mavic MA2 rims. I would have liked something a bit posher but for the price it was a no brainer. At least it will get it rolling

I love the head badge on this frame! It'd be really interesting to see how that rear link moves around when the shock is compressed. Maybe I missed it, but do you have any idea how much travel you get in the rear? I'm assuming an inch or so. Thanks for sharing, it will be really sweet when all built up.

Back