Bontrager OR Early 90’s

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I’ve had this bike for a long time but certain bits were not right. The forks top caps were missing and I’d used some plastic plugs. The rear rim was mismatched and drove me mad. I used the odd brakes for a reason. Mainly because they are both pretty rare and both work extremely well.
I managed to pick the fork caps up off a gentleman who used to work for Bontrager. And this kicked me up the arse to do the other jobs on it. It’s a pretty straightforward build, no thrills just work horse parts.

Attachments

• IMG_2912.jpeg
    IMG_2912.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2913.jpeg
    IMG_2913.jpeg
    965.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    675.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    794.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    991.7 KB · Views: 101
ooh, that's just perfect. love the colour scheme.

I'd suggest one change - route the rear mech cable to the non drive side of the seat post and then back under the wishbone - thats what the bontrager manuals recommends.

Beautifull. Saddle may be a later design?
Yea I think it’s mid 90’s but I didn’t care much for period correctness when I built it 14 years ago. I used stuff I had available and I wanted a rider. I actually like the saddle on it so it stays.

ooh, that's just perfect. love the colour scheme.

I'd suggest one change - route the rear mech cable to the non drive side of the seat post and then back under the wishbone - thats what the bontrager manuals recommends.
Here was my reference point for the cabling back then. Would you be able to scan the image from the Bonty manual please? Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2921.jpeg
    IMG_2921.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back