Bob Jackson Vigorelli Road/Track Bike, 22.5" - £400

4cranks

Dirt Disciple
My Bob Jackson Vigorelli was built originally as a fixed gear time trial bike, but at the time I could not get any good quality fixed gear wheels so lost a bit of interest. This was before the track renaissance of mid/late 1990s. I have only used it for a few time trials and for 3 rides on Manchester Velodrome. Currently I have it part built as a road fixie but I already have a well loved Genesis Skyline for that so there is no need to keep the BJ.

Tubing is Reynolds 531 Competition. Lugs are long points with cutouts. Angles 74 deg parallel. Seat tube is 22.5" BB centre to top. Top tube is 21.5" centres. Forks round blade with quite short rake and are drilled for front brake. Bracket height is 11" (depending on wheels used), so it is good for either road or track use. Paint is fade through from brilliant orange front end/white middle/pale blue back end. Some marks on paintwork due to storage but never been scratched or crashed. It has probably never even been out in the wet, despite being 1989 vintage!

The Turbo saddle is a matching white and in good condition. The Campag aero single bolt seatpost is nice and shiny.

Stem is Cinelli XA 11.5cm centres. Bars are Cinelli model 65 40cm wide. I have some brand new white bar tape to fit, depending on brake levers requirement.

Front brake is Shimano 105, single pivot with allen key fitting. No rear brake. 2 brake levers currently fitted are Shimano 105, suitable for concealed cable.

Alternatively I could provide Profile lo-pro bars, 40cm wide, fitted with Dia-Compe bar end brake lever/s.

Headset is Stronglight A9 aluminium. These were excellent - roller bearings, very light and absolutely bomb proof.

Bottom bracket is Shimano.

Cranks Shimano 105 170mm. Chainring brand new TA 49 teeth 3/32". (Alternatively I can fit a little used Shimano 52T). Chain also provided. Pedals are Look clipless, white slightly sparkly finish.

Unfortunately I don't have any decent racing wheels with this bike. Those offered are suitable for track training or road hack.

Front is black Mavic MA40 on Gipiemme SF/QR (I can provide AK conversion if you want to use this on the track), rear is Alex silver rim on Maillard LF double sided fixed. Tyres are Michelin Axial clinchers in black and orange and with plenty of tread. If taking the wheels I will throw in a selection of 3/32" fixed sprockets.

The frame is drilled only for a front brake so you cannot use with a freewheel.

Photos attached, but bar tape still to be fitted depending on what configuration you want.

Price £400 complete. Location is Selby, North Yorkshire.

Attachments

• DSCF1405cx.jpg
    DSCF1405cx.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 942
  • DSCF1406cx.jpg
    DSCF1406cx.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 942
  • DSCF1407cx.jpg
    DSCF1407cx.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 942
  • DSCF1408cx.jpg
    DSCF1408cx.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 942
  • DSCF1409cx.jpg
    DSCF1409cx.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 942
Yes, it's still available as there was not much call for this gem in the middle of winter. However I have now completed the build and as I was not particularly happy with the wheels I sourced a matching front hub and have rebuilt with a pair of brand new Exal XR2s.

The intention was to offer it for sale at York Rally, which attracts retro type enthusiasts (18/19 June). However it is available now if you are interested. New photo taken in today's sunshine attached.

Attachments

• DSCF1445d.jpg
    DSCF1445d.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 620
looks great :)

Unlikely as you've just built it up.. but might as well ask anyway. would you be willing to sell just the frameset?

Best

Back