Bianchi, Puch, Legnano, Nth Catalog, c. 1988 or 1989

frkl

Retro Guru
Here are 48 pages of Bianchi, Puch, Legnano, and Nth, including road, mountain, city, and trekking from about 1988. Includes full technical specs for 45 bikes. I think the catalog is from 1988 or 1989: it includes a bike with Dura Ace 7400 (produced until 1988 ), and Ultegra 6400 (first produced in 1988 ).

In addition to the bikes there is a priceless section on clothing and accessories, including this:

Screenshot from 2022-03-11 10-19-44.png

Lookin' good!

The PDF is highly compressed. I have 600dpi page scans if you are interested in a particular page, just let me know. I will put a link to this post in the Road Forum, since the catalog has relevance there, too.

Attachments

• Bianchi, Puch, Legnano, Nth, c. 1988 compressed.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 118
The pink/purple and green bags and the outfits with spiderweb motifs are particularly of their time! Fantastic.
And this from someone with impeccable taste (and skill) in paint and graphics work! :)

Btw, your builds are quite inspiring. I am considering painting contrasting lugs on a bike I have, similar to your Audax.

Heh I'm going to blush, thanks. 😋

Glad you like the builds/paint, I am definitely a fan of frames that show off their lugs! Be warned, it's a fiddly process to mask them up properly. Plenty of good quality fine masking tape required...

I am sure some of the Bianchi clobber would be quite collectable amongst certain retro inclined hipster types. Not quite my style but some of these are 'bold' looks for sure.😎

Heh I'm going to blush, thanks. 😋

Glad you like the builds/paint, I am definitely a fan of frames that show off their lugs! Be warned, it's a fiddly process to mask them up properly. Plenty of good quality fine masking tape required...

I am sure some of the Bianchi clobber would be quite collectable amongst certain retro inclined hipster types. Not quite my style but some of these are 'bold' looks for sure.😎
Not to drift my own thread, but have you ever considered or tried to brush paint lugs? If I were to paint the lugs on this bike of mine, i would not be repainting the entire frame. The base color is for the most part ok, but it needs new stickers and is just kinda boring, so I want to bring some new visual energy to it.

It seems like spraying and the prep involved might be a bit disproportionate to the task...

Yes it's worth a go if you don't want to go to all the faff. You will just have to be pretty careful with your prep and paint consistency. Lightly sand the surface and then a few thin coats of something like a model enamel paint?

I was thinking the same. It needs to flow well, so i will experiment a bit first. This bike will eventually get a bike thread in the road section. I am in a mountain phase right now, but this bike has turned into my go-to road machine, and it deserves some upkeep.

Thanks!

Back