Are all Hope Ti Glide hub bodies the same ?

Aech

Dirt Disciple
Hi

Sadly my Hope Ti Glide hub that I've had on my Zaskar LE since 1997 has failed, several of the spokes have ripped the flange off the hub body.

Now my real problem is it's the one with the bolt on C2 disc brake conversion, that has a shorter axle to allow room for the disc caliper to bolt onto the dropout. Given that these are about as common as reindeer droppings, I've been thinking...

Are the hub bodies the same on all Ti Glide hubs and it's just the axle that's shorter and the spacer with the serrations that usually grips the dropout omitted ?

IF they are the same then I only need any Ti Glide hub that has intact spoke flanges to rebuild my beloved rear hub/brake setup.

Unless someone has the actual same hub sat in a draw gathering dust that they don't want ?

I believe so, the axle and spacers were different to accommodate the disc fitting. I think you could get a kit to mod a hub bitd.

Well my new cassette tool arrived today as I can't find my original, anyway I've finally been able to strip the hub and take a bunch of measurements to compare with other Ti Glide hub bodies.

I'm hoping the important dimension which is the space between the pair of 6001 bearings that support the hub body is the same on other Ti Glide axles as it is on my axle (44.4mm).

Bust Hub measurements.jpg

I’d have thought the bodies of the disc and non-disc versions are the same. Unfortunately I don’t have a non disc one to hand to strip and measure though. Here’s a pic if it helps for now.
395B6414-90CA-4AB2-83AA-EA98B22BDB8B.jpeg

Well my new cassette tool arrived today as I can't find my original, anyway I've finally been able to strip the hub and take a bunch of measurements to compare with other Ti Glide hub bodies.

I'm hoping the important dimension which is the space between the pair of 6001 bearings that support the hub body is the same on other Ti Glide axles as it is on my axle (44.4mm).

View attachment 730455
The 44.4mm is the same on xc, sport and bulb.

Last edited:
You need another castellated hub or a later 6 bolt XC which is similar in dimension to the Ti Glide

Back