Anyone familiar with Ken James's work?

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
A little shop I spent a lot of "extended" school lunchbreaks in.....hankering for a work experience placement and dreaming about owning one of his frames.
Unfortunately his shop is closed he was still trading sometime near the year 2000 as I had some canti stud's brazed on by him.
Bizarrely even though I live local to Ashford where his workshop was I've seen none of his work around until recently! One outside a shop,one locally on marketplace and now this one that I'm unfortunately all out of buying bullets for... at present ...however chap isn't rushing to sell
Does this look like a Ken James? Seems quite a distinct seat cluster to me,but I see it has a refurbished Reynolds sticker....
IMG_20220504_150850_753~2.jpg

Ken was known to refurb other peoples frames (someone on one of the facebook groups has one that's actually an Orbit) and put his decals on and he built pretty much anything the customer wanted so there's no real way of knowing.

If I get 5 minutes I'll have a look at both of mine to see if there's any numbers on them and if so if there's a pattern to them.

Ken was known to refurb other peoples frames (someone on one of the facebook groups has one that's actually an Orbit) and put his decals on and he built pretty much anything the customer wanted so there's no real way of knowing.

If I get 5 minutes I'll have a look at both of mine to see if there's any numbers on them and if so if there's a pattern to them.
I so wish I'd bitten the bullet and got him to make me a frame....his work was very neat.

A little shop I spent a lot of "extended" school lunchbreaks in.....hankering for a work experience placement and dreaming about owning one of his frames.
Unfortunately his shop is closed he was still trading sometime near the year 2000 as I had some canti stud's brazed on by him.
Bizarrely even though I live local to Ashford where his workshop was I've seen none of his work around until recently! One outside a shop,one locally on marketplace and now this one that I'm unfortunately all out of buying bullets for... at present ...however chap isn't rushing to sell
Does this look like a Ken James? Seems quite a distinct seat cluster to me,but I see it has a refurbished Reynolds sticker....
View attachment 624819
that’s a very pretty seat cluster!

Latest posts

Back