Any riders in Otago?

Wotcha, spookily, I've just moved to Dunedin recently too. Leaving behind the glamour and class of the north west of England. You're spot on about this weather. These winter days remind me of Preston summers!

All my bikes are currently still on a huge boat somewhere in between Singapore and Auckland, but I'd be up for a retro pootle once they arrive. I'm in the north east valley, so, signal hill is my back garden and it looks pretty awesome. Well, the easy bits do... Not really checked out Bethunes Gully yet, but that's rated too apparently, although I've done some running in the area and I'm not sure if its more than 15 minutes of riding? It'd be good to find some longer trails, although the steepness of the hills is kinda scary!!

Small world eh? I live right by the university so not far away from you. Haven't been to Signal Hill yet but I've been to Bethune's Gully (on foot) and it does appear rather small. The Haro I picked up needs a little restoration, but I should be able to buy something cheap to get me back on the trails - unfortunately I had to sell all of my bikes after the shipping company doubled their quote a week before I left.

We are lucky to have a community bike workshop called The Crooked Spoke - it's behind the café at 111 Moray Place - come along if you need to use tools or workshop space. It's open Wednesday and Friday evenings; I'm usually there on Wednesdays.

Urge 3 Peaks is only a few months away. I won't be taking part though!

Back