Another recent build

Jamesbike

Rocky Mountain Fan
Merseyside and North Wales '62 - '67. West London, Bath Rd etc. '68'-'70. Back to Merseyside (and also venturing to K16, K8 at times) '70 - '71. Yorkshire '72 - 2012. A few 'semi-retirements' occasionally at odd periods. Packed in racing end of 2012 due to getting pneumonia and deciding I was getting past it! Decided that I would re-live my youth with classic bikes instead, discovered Retrobike - and the rest is, as the saying goes, history!
There were some fast TT riders on Mersey side with Chris boardman and Gethin Butler etc ..

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
A local lad then! I know the courses well. Under the hour on the K16 on a steel bike…impressive sir!🤩
No I’m from the West so road U courses allot but K16 was where I did my first under the hour ride 58.12 on Wolber Neo Pro Tubs I remember & Jack Hearne frame.

Maskmike

Dirt Disciple
Merseyside and North Wales '62 - '67. West London, Bath Rd etc. '68'-'70. Back to Merseyside (and also venturing to K16, K8 at times) '70 - '71. Yorkshire '72 - 2012. A few 'semi-retirements' occasionally at odd periods. Packed in racing end of 2012 due to getting pneumonia and deciding I was getting past it! Decided that I would re-live my youth with classic bikes instead, discovered Retrobike - and the rest is, as the saying goes, history!
Same here; did some LVRC races but stopped 3 years ago. I now ‘the old fat bastard on the colnago’ whose bike I lusted over when I was 18 🤣 I now have two 😂😂😂

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Jack Hearne was my local shop !
I had two frames built by Jack & he was a very nice gentleman to deal with 👍 at the time his competitor in Slough was Dave Russell but as a junior & being a big fan of Eddie Adkins I plumped for a Hearne even though I also admire big Roger Queen who had a Russell….

Maskmike

Dirt Disciple
I had two frames built by Jack & he was a very nice gentleman to deal with 👍 at the time his competitor in Slough was Dave Russell but as a junior & being a big fan of Eddie Adkins I plumped for a Hearne even though I also admire big Roger Queen who had a Russell….
I’ve not owned either make but I hear that both were top! My local builder was Brian Rourke whose frames I raced on back in the early 80’s. In fact, recently I had the frame fully refurbished by Jason, Brian’s son - one of the best!

Attachments

• 27D74036-22D9-49F9-887A-1EB89D82E631.jpeg
    27D74036-22D9-49F9-887A-1EB89D82E631.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 7

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
I’ve not owned either make but I hear that both were top! My local builder was Brian Rourke whose frames I raced on back in the early 80’s. In fact, recently I had the frame fully refurbished by Jason, Brian’s son - one of the best!
My colleague & a good friend whom you may know rode a few Rourkes 😁

1642326726944.jpeg

1642326787208.jpeg