Amp suspension unit.

Re:

Limited I'm afraid due to how it mounts to the rear triangle.

Returning your existing shock is one of 2 options. They are simple units and it is not difficult to do yourself. Not sure if any service centre would do them, dont see why not though.

Other option is a risse shock. Pricey, as unless you can find a decent 2nd hand one, are upwards of £200 when you factor in import costs and postage from the states.

I want one for my rts, managed to get a basic unit here for slightly less than us costs, but would prefer the top of the line one, but at £350 I cant justify it.

What's wrong with your current one?

Re: amp

It has very limited travel and feels over hard. Not really sure what it should be like but would've assumed it should be softer?

Somewhere on the web there is set up instructions for the Amp strut. You need to set the sag according to your weight.
At <3” of travel I wouldn’t be expecting a whole lot of performance. Remember, this is about as primitive as rear suspension comes and if you are accustomed to riding a modern full suss bike, you really cannot compare.
Should have mine up and running in time for some trails around here to be snow free and will post a report then.
As Ishaw had mentioned Risse racing is really the only option short of DIY if you have the skills and tooling.

B
Edit: I think I recall that the shock is adjustable in the by the viscosity of the oil.

Re:

It is all in the oil. No adjustments aside from spring preload.

I think I have a digital copy of the service manual somewhere if you cant find ome online.

Back