AMP F3 forks

benjabbi

Bontrager Fan
I think I want a pair of these, never had a linkage fork so one to tick off the list.
Are they easy to live with? Are the bushings proprietary or generic off the shelf from Igus or similar?
Is the damper easily rebuildable? Again generic o-rings or proprietary seals.
Was the carbon version available with V/canti bosses or disc only?
Is the F3 the best version? I think I read somewhere that the 1 and 2 had a falling rate linkage, which doesn't sound ideal and this was changed for the 3. Is this right?
I've also read they're not the stiffest, but I'm fairly lightweight and with the use they'll get that doesn't bother me too much.
What do I need to look out for to avoid buying a dud?
Any information, praise or horror stories would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ben.
Happy new year to all. :)

I can answer a few questions.

Bushings were probably proprietary at the time but I think I've read on here of people finding some igus or similar ones that fit. I've got a load of originals if you want measurements.

Damper is easily rebuildable. I've got a manual and managed to follow it. Again, I've got some rebuild kits if it helps with measurements.

I've had various versions, including carbon, they had brake studs and the proprietary disc mounts. I bought some adapters to run is callipers and I've seen others adapt to post too.

F3s are probably the best though the f4 blt is a burlier version but different and more travel than the xc range.

Hard to say how to identify a dud. Condition is a good start cosmetically at least, play in linkage and working damper, service history?

Back