AMP B5/F4 BLT/carbon/WI LDMS

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
I like connections within my builds and a Rock Shox disc brake set up seemed like a perfect way to link my growing White Industries collection with AMP Research.

AMP Reasearch (I think) had licensed their D1 brake system to Rock Shox who in turn had collaborated with White Industries to make a set of hubs.

The LDMS derailleur is overly complicated and a B5 (aesthetically at least) seemed like a good choice...

I picked this up in 2017 and unlike my normal builds my plan was to source all the parts and then post a build thread that would be completed in a couple of days/weeks. Circumstances, however have conspired against me and I'm putting it together in order to sell.
IMG_7193.JPG

Last edited:
What I didn't notice and the seller on eBay didn't mention was that all the pivot joints had been covered in bathroom sealant...

Removing it was difficult and time consuming as none of the solvents, cleaners I tried worked and I ended up picking it off by hand. IMG_7190.JPG IMG_7189.JPG IMG_7187.JPG IMG_7188.JPG

They also forgot to say that the seat mast had been cut down! Luckily @B3 found me a replacement and after it had been anodised it's been sat in a box for the last +5 years along with all the other parts.

Last edited:
Looking at the notes I’d made when I took it apart I’d identified the parts of the parallelogram as swing arms; top, bottom, front and back.

New DU bushes all round and in the case of the upper/front swing arm a new pivot pin as the old one had bent. IMG_2775.jpeg IMG_2776.jpeg IMG_2778.jpeg IMG_2780.jpeg

Bet you didn’t notice I’d forgotten the O Rings when I pushed the pin in first time? 🤦‍♂️

Just realised that I’m missing a bush for the frame which seems to be Imperial and is a “special” (more expensive…). IMG_2811.jpeg

Back