Al Carter Black Panther - Leyland

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Been watching this for weeks as it started much higher. Was waiting for it to get near £100...... DOH!

Groupset would have been perfect for my Pine Mountain.😖
Yeah, it would have been spot on. I think the RM20's were also OEM on the Pine Mountain in '90 and '91

I would probably have done the same thing though. Seen many of these with two figure prices in the past :LOL:

Going back to when these bikes first came out.. a lot of traders were buying them and dumping frames for groupsets to be used on other bikes.. as shimano groupsets were expensive, otherwise, to the general public.
More economical to split..
Same scenario being repeated 30 odd years later..
Same shit different day..

Has anyone actually ridden one of the Al Carters? Any good or as bad as a Townsend? Used to have em at my LBS BITD so do have a soft spot. Was tempted but already rebuilding a Yokota!

Has anyone actually ridden one of the Al Carters? Any good or as bad as a Townsend? Used to have em at my LBS BITD so do have a soft spot. Was tempted but already rebuilding a Yokota!
From memory of the one I had briefly (same as the ebay bike) it was decent enough, if a bit numb. Felt neutral, like a 1990/91 Marin. Nothing to get excited about but not terrible either.

From memory of the one I had briefly (same as the ebay bike) it was decent enough, if a bit numb. Felt neutral, like a 1990/91 Marin. Nothing to get excited about but not terrible either.
I suppose that's what I'd expect, my memory of Marin was slightly more special though, maybe not as special as say an orange. Got a '92 Bear Valley on the task list...

Back