For Sale '98 Rockhopper in Brushed Steel Rolling Chassis

Tinc

Dirt Disciple
After quite a lot of soul searching I have come to the conclusion that this needs a more loving home. Although I've used this lots over the years in guises from child trailer hauler to single speed xc it's now been hanging in the garage unloved for too long & it's a waste.

It's a 19" Specialized Rockhopper in brushed steel made from Ritchey Nitanium tubing.
Considering it's 24 years old I would say it's in excellent condition. There are marks obviously, but none of those surface rust spots & no significant damage.
Looking to move on as a rolling chassis as follows:

19" Rockhopper Nitanium frame in brushed steel
Ritchey headset with caged balls (Original?)
Ali fork with disc mount & bosses
Original seat post & QR lever
Dia Compe DP7 brake levers (Original)
Spesh spesh Ali riser bars
Spesh BG saddle
26" Alex Rims on Spesh hubs - front radially laced

I'm thinking £200 Inc postage & fees, but am open to discussion on collection, price etc...

I also have some XT parallel pulls, XTR 960 crankset, a XTR rear mech & a different pair of wheels that could form part of any negotiations - providing I can find my big boy pants & bear to part with it all. I also have some options on stem & bars.

Attachments

• 20220108_181223.jpg
    20220108_181223.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 20220108_181555.jpg
    20220108_181555.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 20220108_181244.jpg
    20220108_181244.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 195
Talk to me lovely people.....
I clearly have something wrong here, this is a great frame in great condition & there's no interest.....
I am obviously in need of guidance from those better informed than I.
Pricing was tricky, so in all honesty I took a guess for the rolling bundle.

I'm happy to talk money & all other details, but I would like this to go to a loving home to be properly appreciated.
Sadly, I'm not going to use it anymore & it's likely to get wrecked if it rattles around the garage for too long.

That's a nice example & very helpful, thanks.

Price may well be off "a bit" based on that, I guess.......:eek:😂
I tried to do my research, but sold prices are all over the place & asking prices aren't even worth considering.
I just sort of totted up the bits that were bolted together & arrived at a figure.
I'm very happy to be educated.

Did this sell? If not I’m interested in buying it off you! Let me know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back