96 Zaskar LE Build

@d8mok From the table top to centre of hole is 40mm exactly. The gap from stem to table is about 13mm. Do t know if you can work it out from that 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_6212.jpeg
    IMG_6212.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 2
Looks like a 5 or 10 degree rise.

Not really what I’m after but it’s halting a build so could be tempted.

Has it got the top cap?

What you after for it?

The parts separated from the frame easily. Stem a bit stuck but not too much effort. I’ll see what parts are good to clean up and reuse, mechanically everything works though. I’ll probably have an hour cleaning the frame today at some point and a polish to see how far I’m away from an actual shine.
Gotta love a pre refurb strip down bench of bits! A lot of graft needed there, but oh my god will it look great and with an even better before and after shot!

Another Zaskar! Jjjj
It seems like an epidemic
The zaskar was inspiration for my forum name :) I love them. I need to get one myself. Been 'collecting' Rocky Mountains lately, maybe venture back to my roots again would be a good idea. I started MTB on an old Raleigh, but soon promoted to a '93 Zaskar.

The zaskar was inspiration for my forum name :) I love them. I need to get one myself. Been 'collecting' Rocky Mountains lately, maybe venture back to my roots again would be a good idea. I started MTB on an old Raleigh, but soon promoted to a '93 Zaskar.
Now that's a coincidence. My project prior to the zaskar that I am manufacturing was a 2002 Element Sc. I was hesitating for a while between the '99 Element TO or the 2002 one and it seemed more versatile with the possibility of disc brakes. Also, I love Rocky Mountain cherry red. I will present it shortly. I don't rule out Rocky Mountain anymore because I really like hard tail bikes, although this Element has become the bike I use the most now.
I also love the GT, they sound fabulous to me and I see that there are real "gurus" of the brand here, I'm learning a lot

Attachments

• IMG_9170.JPG
    IMG_9170.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Quick update 👀
Jjjj.
I solved the hand thing quickly: 3 sets of rubber gloves. They allowed me to manipulate the painting delicately because they did not slip, they prevented the grease from my hands from marking the polishing as I progressed and logically they "saved" my hands.
Then to give the final touch, use cotton gloves like those used by jewelers, buy 5 sets (they cost about 0.62 cts. It is a good investment).
Even so, the hands came out somewhat stained.

Back