93 Kona Fire Mountain 14" **SOLD**

Johnboy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
We've had this from new and the spec is pretty much as original except for period correct LX rapid-fire shifters, which I vaguely remember fitting BITD, maybe, it's all getting a little blurry. Oddly the group set differs slightly from the '93 catalogue on here, but if anything I think the spec is a bit better. The frame has some chips but dent free, I think the chips were probably caused while on a bike rack and storage damage, but overall pretty good. It also says in the catalogue that the 14" was only available in the Hahanna, but this is definitely a 14" frame measured middle of bottom bracket to top of seat tube, so quite small!

The differences from catalogue as far as I can see are -

Shifters/brakes: Shimano Deore LX Rapidfire
Front Derailleur: Shimano Exage ES
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX
Tyres: A:\ and B:\ drive. 2.0 rear 2.3 front, that’s how it came? These are in remarkable condition for 20 year old tyres, nice and supple with no cracks.
Saddle: Terry, a bit tatty

It's ready to ride, I gave it a quick going over a couple of years ago and fitted a new UN55 bottom bracket, chain and grips. Seatpost isn't stuck and everything that's supposed to move freely does. I'm looking for £80 collected. I'm prepared to meet you halfway if not too far.

Attachments

• DSC00324.JPG
    DSC00324.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC00323.JPG
    DSC00323.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC00322.JPG
    DSC00322.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 606
Re: 93 Kona Fire Mountain 14"

hmmm..

where in w sussex are you? quite interested in this

ta

aaah!!

of course I do, thanks. ok still interested. let me have a chat to the wife who it would be for

thanks man. im in london so happy to pop down to grab it whenever.

Latest posts

Back