56cm Dave Russell, complete bike Campag, Shimano, Brooks

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
22"/56cm Dave Russell custom handbuilt Reynolds 531 frame and forks, finished in original beautiful ruby red metallic paintwork with white head tube.

The frame is built with a fairly racy geometry (not too slack on the angles) but with clearance for full mudguards on 28c tyres, and braze ons for front and rear racks. It has a pump peg behind the headtube. The lugs are gorgeous, with heart-shaped cutouts. The frame was a custom build originally and I would guess that it was built in the 80's as it has allen key fitting brakes. It has double bottle bosses (and includes brand new stainless bolts)

Paint is original but sadly it's seen better days - there are lots of scratches and scabs to the paint but the frame is fundamentally sound with no dents or dings. It would benefit from a respray or powdercoat if you wanted but to be honest I like it the way it is - some would call it patina!

The bike is built up as follows:

Campagnolo Chorus headset
Shimano 105 dual pivot brakes and aero brake levers. Fitted with brand new brake shoes & pads, and new inner & outer cables. Levers are scratched as you'd expect with a bike of this vintage but brakes work superbly well.
Shimano 600 chainset, downtube shifters and front mech. New inner and outer cables
Shimano 105 (more modern) rear mech
Shimano 105 hubs on Mavic Open 4CD rims - very little rim wear with just a bit of the original CD finish rubbing off
Shimano 7 speed cassette and chain
Schwalbe Lugano tyre on the front and Vittoria Rubino 30mm Graphene on the rear (rear is just two rides old)
Brand new 110mm stem
Brand new bar tape
Steel rear rack fitted with stainless bolts
Beautiful leather Brooks Professional saddle that's just had a thorough Brooks Proofide treatment

There is a spare set of wheels included for free: Shimano 600 front hub on Open 4 CD rim (more wear than the wheels on the bike but still loads of life left) and a pretty new rear wheel with no wear at all to the rim - this also has a brand new 7 speed SunRace freewheel fitted. Tyres are Continental Super Sport white walls in good condition. Rear needs truing but is otherwise fine. The new freewheel doesn't run very well on the used chain on the bike, so I have also included a new Shimano IG51 chain as a spare when you need it.

This is a vintage bike, so don't expect anything other than scratches and patina to the frame (it looks a bit better than it is in the photos) - components are all good and the bike has loads of life and many thousands of miles left in it. I built this up with commuting/touring in mind, hence the rack

only £215 collected in Cheshire

I4mLN89.jpg

aKQ3D1f.jpg

VPXQbFK.jpg

csQQYzJ.jpg

ydhO5ur.jpg

iGe3guu.jpg

ZK8wd02.jpg

5Sy89pl.jpg

MIafU7f.jpg

k10IOF3.jpg

N20ANU8.jpg