3x10 downtube friction shifters

If friction shift you can literally use anything from any era, there's no need for it to be a specific 'speed'

Re: Re:

tlaverty79":3tnyex8g said:
That's what I wanted hear Tony. Cheers
No worries, I used a pair of 70s Dura Ace on my Raleigh Titanium to shift a 2x10 and also a '10 speed' set in friction mode just because I wanted to. It takes a little bit of playing at first and I only run my 6 speed a few times a year so the closer shifts can make it a little trickier for a short period. For a triple I always liked a friction, so much more control of the FD position, a bit like the older Campagnolo Ergos which were almost friction shift like in terms of small incremental movements.
What's it for, anything of note? My main touring/winter racer is 10x3 and I won't be changing it ever though it is Shimano STI units I could probably morph it to a friction shift of some sort on the left/front when Shimano stop making triple shifters.

Re:

Possibly - newer rear mechs need a lot more cable pull, so a standard DT shifter has to move a very long way, and might not have enough total cable pull for the full range of sprockets. Not sure on the cable pull if new sram stuff, but I suspect it will need more than DT shifters can do...

Back