27.2 quill seatpost

Re:

Yep! AX Leader.I wish someone would start re-making these seatposts, they are hard to find for a sensible price

Re: Re:

Tamandua":ugzo8amw said:
I wish someone would start re-making these seatposts, they are hard to find for a sensible price

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkjA41tJ78[/youtube]

Thanks , I've seen that, might try it but it really requires a cut out saddle to easily adjust the seatpost . Good anti theft system though !

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":s1rynbtf said:
Tamandua":s1rynbtf said:
I wish someone would start re-making these seatposts, they are hard to find for a sensible price

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkjA41tJ78[/youtube]
That is fantastic!

Quite a list of tools/parts I would need to get.

I would really interested to know how many people have already got that level of kit at home.

Yeh 100% agree but To be honest Dan Chambers on here has alot more more kit and would be far more precise - as that wedge should have been on a lathe to ensure a precision even fit

In fact there’s a lot he would have better with a lathe like ensuring everything was machined centrally and not done by eye

Was a great watch and glad people are brave enough to stick their chin out and make video’s like that

Dan is Danson67 on here if you want to discuss things, super nice bloke who is a bike nut and fabrication genius, he also like the weird stuff so he may be more interested than you think in this

I thought the same.

All that kit then "looks about centre" especially for something as critical as seat post.

I also wondered how you would know how deep to go with counter sunk hole to make sure you had left enough aluminium for the top of the bolt to purchase against.

Interesting still - not that I have anything that would need such a post.

Great stuff to watch. I have a plan to do couple of these myself once lockdown ease and I’m able to travel back to Europe where I have a friend who has a fully loaded workshop. In the meantime you can PM me re another way to obtain original one for descent enough price.

Back