2004 Heckler ... and back again

Hermit

Retro Guru
It's been a while. I think when I first came on here around 2006 my retro rides were a 1996 Specialized ground Control and a 1999 Santa Cruz Heckler. Now I guess my 2009 Specialized Pitch would be retro as that's now 12 years old, how time fly's! I think all my bikes are now retro being 26in!

Anyway, I had a 2004 Heckler a few years ago and sold it, regretted it as it was one of the best bikes ever! So for a while I've been on the lookout for another and just never found anything. So this popped up locally recently, looked good, it was a good price too. 2004 Heckler 5.0, original owner, original Maverick forks which were offered as an upgrade at the time - need a service as one side is weaping oil but got new dust seals and spares with the bike, seems well looked after (photo is from ad as I haven't had a chance to get it out to get a decent photos yet)

Heckler Maverick.jpg

Hi W7Ford, sorry for late response I didn't realise someone had posted 😳 ... I have got some photos of my '99 but on an old portable hard drive from my old pc, I'll try to find it to get some photos. The frame is up in the loft now, probably about 8 years since a last rode it, having had newer Heckler's I just rode those more and more. It was a great bike though, built up quite light and was nimble and fast - complete opposite to me now, heavy, clumsy and slow! 😆

Back