1999 Kona Hei Hei... 98 Oem+ Rebuild.. Update 01/07/22

small update this week, sourced a pair of gen 1 crossmax's that looked to be ideal only to find the rear wheel was cracked in several places, back they go!

handlebar is sourced and im real happy with this find, the company I work for distributed the brand many years ago so its nice to add this into the build.

Crank sourced via @Magpiegifts though still working out if the colours will work on this.

images later..

Little update as have started to put parts on the Hei Hei...

Gen 1 crossmax's have now been swapped over from the Explosif, new Dart & Smoke tyres fitted. Ti Flite fitted, brakes, shifters, front + rear mech fitted. Still undecided on which chainset to use but need to work out the bb required first and then im nearly there!

Attachments

• hei hei update.jpg
    hei hei update.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 156
  • hei hei front.jpg
    hei hei front.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 140
Lovin' your work! Is there a particular grade of 3m scotchbrite you used? I'm about to do the same to mine...

How are you liking the P2's on the Hei Hei? Wondering if I would be doing a disservice to such an awesome frame by putting a rigid fork on it, and also if my old man stiff bones would be able to handle a jarring ride..

How are you liking the P2's on the Hei Hei? Wondering if I would be doing a disservice to such an awesome frame by putting a rigid fork on it, and also if my old man stiff bones would be able to handle a jarring ride..

honestly its buttery smooth, I'm building this for my wife and given the limited off-road use it will see it made sense to stay rigid though i do have a couple of Z2 forks floating around if ever needed.

Back