1998 BeOne DH Team (Bas De Bever)

heavyp

Retro Guru
Where do I even start! Basically, the BeOne DH bike was my fav bike of all time people may question this but I was drawn to the BeOne team and especially Bas De Bever as he was tall like myself but when you are 15 your parents are not going to spend 4000 pound on you for a bike that isn't even worthy of the flat dh tracks we used to have to ride in the west country of England.

Fast forward 25 years later and I was chatting to someone that turns out has an epic collection of rare team only bikes, I explained that the BeOne was my favourite and I have rarely seen one come up for sale and I get a reply from him saying oh you mean like this 🤯 (picture of a frame but not just any frame team rider Bas De Bevers frame) I couldn't hold onto my surprise and asked if I could buy it to which I was given a hard NO.
We kept chatting for about 18 months and I never really asked again just said if you ever do want to sell it please let me know, 4 more months passed since the last time we had any communication when I woke up to a message saying send me an offer for the frame and I’ll think about it (Damn the balls in my court, i hate this bit) I responded with a number not one i liked mind you but it had to be done a few days pass and nothing so here I am thinking damn I have no chance he much want thousands, even more days pass so I reach out again and after chatting he agreed to sell me the frame only if I arrange shipping and pickup (another hurdle)

I hit up a mate in the UK to ask if he knew anyone is southern California, I get a reply saying hit this person up he will see if he can help, I contact him to see if he can help and somehow he is in LA airport just coming back from holiday and is driving back home the next day and has to pass through the town where the frame is located, a stroke of luck (someone clearly wanted me to have this frame but I can tell you that it definitely wasn't my wife) a bit of back and forth with shipping quotes and off it was sent on its way to Australia where it landed earlier this week.

Sorry the pics are not great I just got excited, now the fun part or should I say the annoyingly hard part trying to build a bike from a very limited number of images and what images there are of the team bikes they chapped and changed part a fair bit.

I'll get a parts list soon but if anyone knows what seat post, stem, rims and hubs the BeOne team used please let me know.

p5pb24959666.jpg
p5pb15409707.jpg
p4pb24959670.jpg p5pb24959667.jpg p5pb24959668.jpg p5pb24959678.jpg p5pb24959679.jpg

Where do I even start! Basically, the BeOne DH bike was my fav bike of all time people may question this but I was drawn to the BeOne team and especially Bas De Bever as he was tall like myself but when you are 15 your parents are not going to spend 4000 pound on you for a bike that isn't even worthy of the flat dh tracks we used to have to ride in the west country of England.

Fast forward 25 years later and I was chatting to someone that turns out has an epic collection of rare team only bikes, I explained that the BeOne was my favourite and I have rarely seen one come up for sale and I get a reply from him saying oh you mean like this 🤯 (picture of a frame but not just any frame team rider Bas De Bevers frame) I couldn't hold onto my surprise and asked if I could buy it to which I was given a hard NO.
We kept chatting for about 18 months and I never really asked again just said if you ever do want to sell it please let me know, 4 more months passed since the last time we had any communication when I woke up to a message saying send me an offer for the frame and I’ll think about it (Damn the balls in my court, i hate this bit) I responded with a number not one i liked mind you but it had to be done a few days pass and nothing so here I am thinking damn I have no chance he much want thousands, even more days pass so I reach out again and after chatting he agreed to sell me the frame only if I arrange shipping and pickup (another hurdle)

I hit up a mate in the UK to ask if he knew anyone is southern California, I get a reply saying hit this person up he will see if he can help, I contact him to see if he can help and somehow he is in LA airport just coming back from holiday and is driving back home the next day and has to pass through the town where the frame is located, a stroke of luck (someone clearly wanted me to have this frame but I can tell you that it definitely wasn't my wife) a bit of back and forth with shipping quotes and off it was sent on its way to Australia where it landed earlier this week.

Sorry the pics are not great I just got excited, now the fun part or should I say the annoyingly hard part trying to build a bike from a very limited number of images and what images there are of the team bikes they chapped and changed part a fair bit.

I'll get a parts list soon but if anyone knows what seat post, stem, rims and hubs the BeOne team used please let me know.

View attachment 749786
View attachment 749792
View attachment 749789View attachment 749787View attachment 749788View attachment 749790View attachment 749791

Another nice score.

Was the Team frame sold to the public? I have the catalogue somewhere so may be images in there of the parts?

Very very helpful thats a massive help thanks so much, I was in talks to buy this bike years ago but it never happened unfortunately.

They were sold to the public in limited numbers in 98 but more were made and produced it 99 where the frame was slightly different where the front of the seat tower met the mainframe there were 3 holes to for the shock mount and one for the seat tower.

Another nice score.

Was the Team frame sold to the public? I have the catalogue somewhere so may be images in there of the parts?

A catalogue would be great to look at, I also realised I answered your question when replying to the comment below

Back