1998 20" Kona Explosif for sale - REDUCED FURTHER!

kerryh101

Retro Newbie
1998 20” Kona Explosif for sale.

I’ll be putting the bike on eBay in the next week or so, should I not get a sale here. I’d rather offer to aficionados first!

Frame is iconic Reynolds 853 steel. Spec is as per the factory:

Forks: Marzocchi Z2 Bomber
Groupset: Shimano XT
Pedals: Ritchey SPD
Levers/Shifters: Shimano XT
Stem: Tioga
Brakes: Avid 20

I added these upgrades:
Wheels: Front and rear Hope titanium hubs, front is suspension hub (NEITHER disc mountable), rear rim is Mavic 217 SUP, front is Mavic 230 SBP. Tyres are brought to you by Panaracer. The classic Duster up front and Smoke Lite on the rear.
Bar ends: Onza L Bends
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite

£550 inc. well packaged delivery to mainland UK address.

I’m quite sad to be selling it TBH but apartments in Central London don’t leave much room for multiple bikes!

Cateye computer doesn’t work but ‘should’ if you put a new battery in it.

Frame condition: You’ll notice in the Flickr gallery in photos 6 and 8, there is a little ding in the top tube (above the O in explosif) and a few bits of wear and tear on the seatstays and chain stays - no cracks though. Also, photo 7 shows a little scuffing and wear on the saddle. Other than that the bike’s in great condition and once given a standard tune-up would be ready to go. It’s been in a bike bag in my flat, and then my friend’s flat, for nigh on a decade.

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26333045@N ... 087740323/

Cheers,
Kerry.

Attachments

• photo_1_lo.jpg
    photo_1_lo.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • photo_2_lo.jpg
    photo_2_lo.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 1,050
  • photo_3_lo.jpg
    photo_3_lo.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • photo_5_lo.jpg
    photo_5_lo.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 1,050
Re: 1998 20" Kona Explosif for sale

Wow! That's tidy :shock:
If its a '98' I'll move it to the right section for you.

For Sale 1998 -->

Hello and welcome Kerry,
Without wanting to breaking any pricing rules. You may want to price up splitting your bike to maximise your sale price.

On this forum a complete bike will nearly always sell for less than the sum of its parts.

Good luck with your sale.

thanks dablk - i'll bear that in mind. haven't considered doing that, but if it looks like people out there want bits rather than the whole I could look at it.

Back