1995 Marin goodness! Full bike £100

eldridge

Marin Fan
OK so it's 'only' a Hawk Hill! But - as you can see it's a great example, super clean and almost fully original. Nostalgia got the better of me and after buying one of these brand new in '95 I had to find another... now having owned this for a couple of years but it's just too small and as much as it makes a nice ornament it's a waste to be just sat there, so here goes...

17" size (c-t) or 15.5" (c to c) (I always thought they were sized 15.5/17.5/19/20.5 but thats what the tape measure says!)
So as you can see it's super original down to the chain/tyres (now cracking sadly) and even grips, its had barely any use as you'll see from the drivetrain pics. Now when I accquired it - the shifters and brakes had been changed to v brakes probably due to the shifters failing with age as they do, I fitted some Alivio STi's and Acera cantis from a '95 Muirwoods - though the shifters have now started to do the same trick of not engaging. 1st and 2nd works on the lh and some of the rh work but not all. Some lube can temporarily restore some function but they never revive fully.

Other than that issue everything works a treat and rides great. Oh and the stars and stripes badge is missing. The seat pack is my actual one from '95! I think the pictures explain the condition pretty well it does have some storage marks/chips more on the lh side rear end and fork. Spokes have lost the shine being galvanised - VP20 rims btw.

£100 collected from WF8 or
£130 posted within UK mainland via tracked courier - posting time wouldn't be instant due to working etc
Usual rules please - Dibs on the thread followed by a pm please, Paypal gift if posting or add the fees, cash is fine if collecting.
Any questions feel free
Cheers!

IMG-4397.jpg

IMG-4398.jpg

IMG-4399.jpg

IMG-4400.jpg

IMG-4401.jpg

IMG-4402.jpg

IMG-4403.jpg

IMG-4404.jpg

IMG-4405.jpg

Back