1995 Kona Sex One

DominicH83

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-sex-one- ... 1a0328d047

Truly awful build, really crap parts that don't do the frame justice and looks badly set up. However it's the first one I've seen for sale in almost a year and the frame looks OK from what I can see. If I didn't have other projects and a lack of space I'd have had it as a spare should anything ever happen to mine.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Indeed, someone rescue this. I reckon it's a 20" frame and like all Sex's (!) check for cracks (arf arf).

He says it's a 19" but I wouldn't take his word for it. The Sex One with the hi tensile stays isn't really prone to cracking, it's the Alu ones that are a ballache for cracks on the seat stays, I should know, I have 4 cracked ones in my shed :(

If it doesn't sell and he drops the price I may go for it if nobody else does, I love mine and have a stupid urge to rescue this one.

That's true, but even the stays on the steel ends are proper thin, especially on the pivot points on the rear triangle. They fracture easily if not treated with care and respect. The length on that head-tube rings 20" to me.

I might ask him to check, 19" is upper limit for me, 20" would be too big.

Thankfully mine are ok, I'm far from gentle with it but bikes are made to be used, I know one day it'll go in spectacular fashion while half way down a hill which is why I'm on the lookout for a spare.

Back