1994 Manitou HT

Jimmy oldskool

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
Just purchased a ‘94 Manitou HT frame and am keen to start getting the important and awkward bits together…

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of headset, seatpost and BB sizes or parts please?

Cheers

Jimmy

@Jimmy oldskool i have 3 possibly 4 manitou HT's and a couple of FS in bits 😄

Headset standard is 1.1/4 but would strongly recommend you run reducers to 1.1/8 unless the head tube has been reemed and relieved.

Bottom bracket is 68 standard 👍

Seat post is tricky, the frame should be run with a seat tube shim, originally the frames ran a specific seat post that used a ringle head.
Others can be made to fit but with caution.

Front mech is specific to the frames due to the clamp size, xt 737 and m900 front mechs were modified at the factory to fit using custom clamps.

The parts should be out there, more than frames considering how many crack, but might take a bit of searching.

I'm a suckered for a manitou though, so need to see pics 😃

A reduction to 1 1/8“ wont help sanything with the crackabillydoodle Easton E9 tubes. The tube itself needs to be worked and a 45 degree angle needs to be cut in the insides top&bottom side for example as stress relief.

A shim and switching to 1 1/8 wont do nothn. The stress and force to the tube would still be the same.

@Jimmy oldskool i have 3 possibly 4 manitou HT's and a couple of FS in bits 😄

Headset standard is 1.1/4 but would strongly recommend you run reducers to 1.1/8 unless the head tube has been reemed and relieved.

Bottom bracket is 68 standard 👍

Seat post is tricky, the frame should be run with a seat tube shim, originally the frames ran a specific seat post that used a ringle head.
Others can be made to fit but with caution.

Front mech is specific to the frames due to the clamp size, xt 737 and m900 front mechs were modified at the factory to fit using custom clamps.

The parts should be out there, more than frames considering how many crack, but might take a bit of searching.

I'm a suckered for a manitou though, so need to see pics 😃

Got any bits you wanna let me have Niall!? 🤪 🤷‍♂️🤣

Soon as it arrives dude, I'll fire some over 👌

A reduction to 1 1/8“ wont help sanything with the crackabillydoodle Easton E9 tubes. The tube itself needs to be worked and a 45 degree angle needs to be cut in the insides top&bottom side for example as stress relief.

A shim and switching to 1 1/8 wont do nothn. The stress and force to the tube would still be the same.

Yeah, I've owned a couple of these now and all were cracked at the headtube when I got them...

Going to get @danson67 to sort it when he's finished with my Alpinestars...A new headtube with his mod should sort it 🤞

Back